Wednesday, November 14, 2007

wfmw: on the spot

For this week's WFMW (Works for me Wednesday) I'm going to post about something that I really need to do, and have said I'm going to start doing, just haven't done it yet.

And that thing is this:
I am going to start a word document, and label it WFMW, and then, whenever an idea comes to me (usually on Thursday) I'm going to write it down in there. That way, on Wednesdays, I don't feel so "on the spot" to recall those great ideas that I've had all week long. Because I don't know about you, but when the time comes to post an idea, everything I've thought about all week long completely disappears, leaving me staring at a blank screen for about five minutes straight.

The other way all I'll have to do is cut and paste my brilliant thoughts, and the work is done.

I think that idea will work for me.

Because clearly, I need something.

For more ideas check out Rocks in my Dryer.

14 comments:

Memarie Lane said...

LOL! I'm sure many of us can relate!

Mandy said...

And here I was thinking I was the only one that got writer's block while blogging! LOL! But yes, this is a great tip.

Infinity Goods said...

That will work well. I have a notebook. This way I don't have to turn on my computer, although it is on more often than not. :-)

Gift of Green said...

Too cute!!

Lady Why said...

Oh, I am right there with you on that one!!

Jeni said...

I'm so like that! I usually title my post and put the icon on, then stare at the screen for awhile...but if I keep track of all my brilliant ideas, it'll be much easier.

Cyndy said...

Excellent idea! I'm going to try this! Because all the good ideas do happen on Thursday!

tickledpink.nicole said...

I'm new to WFMW so your tip is super timely! Thanks!

Amy said...

Great minds think alike! I do the same thing, only I do it as a "notebook" file. I keep one for my main blog and one for my cooking blog, and once I've posted the idea, I delete it from the file.

Karen said...

Great idea! I'm always forgetting what I meant to say on Wednesdays!

TexasTanya said...

I have done this in my blogger admin area. I have about 25 'draft' posts. Most are ideas that I want to post about at some time, but one is simply titled "WFMW" that I can add to whenever I come up with something. Then every Wednesday, I go look at it and pick one thing to write about.
Great tip!

Peggie said...

This is so like me! I know I do and have done so much and it just comes naturally to do it. So many times I have been told that what I am doing is a great idea. DO you think I could think of a one of them on Wednesday (or Tuesday night when I am writing)?

Melissa Markham said...

I do this too! Great idea:)

Audra Marie said...

I totally can relate to the writer's blog block. :)