Friday, November 02, 2007

so, I'm not off to a very good start

In honor of NaBloPoMo I'm going to try (and probably fail) to post to at least this blog, every single day this month. It's a huge task, but I AM going to do it.

So, from now on, we'll just pretend that the second of the month is the new first.

Got it. . . . Good.

So, things at work have been pretty crazy, which has kept me pretty busy for the last five days or so, not that I'm counting or anything. Because seriously, nothing is more lame, or annoying than a person complaining about how much they have to work. Or the fact that said person will have to work for eleven LONG days straight before he/she gets a day off. Or that he/she will have to split themselves in two just to get done what they expect of them. Yeah, if I were to fill up an entire post about that kind of thing, what kind of host would I be? Complain, complain, complain, talk about everything wrong in life. Not what I'm going for on this here blog o' mine. I leave the whining for the husband, that's why he loves me so!

Working hell aside, things here are good. I'm loving this time of year. Big time. It was only about 69 degrees outside today leaving my imagination to run wild with thoughts of sugar plum fairies and Christmas trees. Currently I'm fighting the urge to go on Pottery Barn's website and buy just about everything in their Christmas section. Then repeat that task over at Crate and Barrel, because they just have the most awesomest things ever!

I think I might have even scared the boys earlier this evening. . . While I was cooking dinner I had the TV on the "Songs of the Season" music channel, and guess what is already playing?!! Christmas Music!!! Which I had to blast and dance to while I cooked.

The boys promptly retreated to my room to watch some "real" TV.

So here I sit, with some yummy soup simmering away on the stove, a Christmas scented candle lit beside me, and every intention on watching at least two Christmas movies tonight, with dinner.

I can't think of a better way to spend a bad day.

2 comments:

jillypoet said...

OH MY GOSH! I have been waiting and waiting for the Sounds of the Seasons to start Christmas music! I had a feeling it would be shortly after halloween! I am so psyched! Glad I found your blog! I hit the randomiser button on top of my NaBloPoMo page and it led me to you. Happy Holidays!

Jennifer said...

I think we could be best friends! Christmas is the best (and I love, love, love the PB catalog!)

Found you through NaBloPoMo.