Saturday, March 22, 2008

easter eve

So tomorrow will mark a first for me.

Tomorrow will be the very first holiday, since I've had children, that I will not be here to see them wake up. They will be home, snug in their beds, while I get up, at the crack of dawn, and drag my sorry butt off to work.

The good news is that I'll be home in time to participate in all the festivities. A little exhausted, but there. I won't miss the egg hunt, or the basket hunt, or the yummy brunch that I don't have to cook this year.

Basically, I get to be there for all the fun and none of the work.

And, I get paid double time for my efforts on the job.

In other words, one good thing about Tim being out of a job is that I get to take over that roll tomorrow. He'll be the one running around like a mad person trying to get everything done, without little eyes watching his every move. He'll get to help his mom with her crazy list of "jobs" while she sits in her chair too "tired" to do anything more. He'll get to see just why I'm so darn exhausted at the end of any holiday. He gets to do all the work while I sit on my butt and watch.

Yeah, this is shaping up to be a great Easter indeed.

Forget the Easter Bunny, I get to play my husband this year.

1 comments:

Immortal Woman said...

Your Easter seems wonderful! I hope you had the chance to be sit back and relax a little! I really enjoy your blog!