Tuesday, September 09, 2008

back in the swing of things

I don't know if it's the cooler breezes here, or the start of school, but I'm feeling very settled.

The boys are loving their new school. They've both made a ton of new friends and their teachers have been extremely nice to them. Come to think of it, everyone we've met so far here has been incredible. Because of the weather here, they get to eat lunch outside every day and spend a great deal of time outdoors as well. And the view from their school is absolutely amazing! I'll have to take some pictures of it because it's breathtaking.

Personally, I'm liking it here, my job sucks, again, but what else is new on that front. I'm really missing my old store and everyone there. I was really spoiled there with a boss that worked and coworkers who actually knew what they were doing. This new store is a mess. Plain and simple. My new boss is only there a few days a week, no one knows the policies, and everyone just sort of goes along in their day counting down the minutes until their shift is over. We have entire sections without product on them, nothing is where it goes, and I don't think that store has been truly straightened in a very long time. To top it off, I'm expected to get in there and clean everything up! I can do it, I've done it before, but honestly, for what I'm making I don't have the motivation to do it again. I'm sick of being the bad guy. So, the search is on for a good ol' office job. One with regular hours, no weekends, and (most importantly) no holidays.

Well, that's it from the west coast, it's creeping up on my bedtime here and I need to spend some quality time with a certain man in my life.

Goodnight!

0 comments: