Thursday, September 11, 2008

playing hooky

I've mentioned it before, but it bears repeating. . . . I hate my new store. It's a mess, no one seems to care that it's a mess, and everyone just sort of deals with the mess instead of doing anything to fix it. I've been assured that this is a west coast thing, (although I seriously doubt it) but it drives this Easterner batty.

Anyway, what else is someone who is completely fed up with their job supposed to do but take a "me" day. Which is exactly what I did. I took Tim to work, slept until noon, and then spent the rest of the day desperatly searching for a new career. Or a job. Or, at this point, anything that pays just about any amount of money to get me out of that horrid store, or as I like to refer to it, the twilight zone.

I haven't felt this good since I started that job. It's amazing how good it feels to not show up for a job you hate, knowing you'll still receive a full paycheck at the end of the week. Thank goodness for benefits!

Well, I'm off to enjoy the rest of my day with two of the boys who make my life so darn awesome.

1 comments:

Immortal Woman said...

Ahh, nothing better than a 'mental health' day! I am really glad it is going so great for you! Hug those gorgeous boys of yours!