Sunday, January 04, 2009

welcome 2009

So, I've spent the last few days (off and on in between work and kids and household crap) looking over my blog posts for the past year. I've noticed something interesting about them too, most of them have a very hostile tone to them. Interesting. I guess it's pretty accurate though. I hate to say it but 2008 was a very stressful year. From Tim losing his job, to the stress of moving across the country (against my better judgement), to living with my mother-in-law. I can still feel it's effects on my body. Hell, I may never recover from that last thing!

However, 2009 is a new year and I am going to try and make the best of it. I've always been a glass half full kinda gal and I'm not going to let the crazy living with me change that. I have a great life. A great family. A job. And as of right now I don't have to worry about how to pay the bills. It's more than a lot of of other people have. I'm lucky. It's time to focus on the positive. In the background, I'm going to be trying like hell to convince my dear husband to move away from here, but it's not going to be the main part of my life.

California is a beautiful place. I really am glad to be living here, if only for a short while. I get to see mountains every day, the beach whenever I feel like going (it's about five minutes away), and the desert isn't far either. I've never seen so much beauty in a single place before. It's time to start embracing it. So that is my resolution for 2009, always look for the positive in any situation. The silver lining, if you will. I need to find the old me, the one who did something about the negatives in her life.

Even if it's just to find the good part of every single day, you do what you can, right?!

Happy New Year all.

3 comments:

Immortal Woman said...

You are positive, and that is never an easy choice. Sort of like being a salmon in the stream. You are amazing.

A said...

You're in CA now? What part? I'm up above San Francisco. And yes, it's beautiful I can't imagine living anywhere else.

April said...

We're in Southern California, Ventura to be exact. I really do love it here, if I could only convince my family and friends to join me (and throw my mil out) life would be perfect!!