Tuesday, February 17, 2009

where i have been:

Excuse #1:
I took a lateral promotion at work, meaning more work, more responsibility, but no better pay. With this promotion, I am up at the ass crack of dawn every day (4:00 a.m.) and work until about 2:30 p.m. Meaning I come home a tired mess. It's an awesome job though, don't get me wrong. I am now working for the district getting the stores ready for the new Long's conversion. My official title is something like Team Leader of Team A's Conversion/Plan-o-gram team. I don't have to be in my crappy store anymore, I get to work with a really awesome team of people and we basically go around to a different store in the district each day and do their plan-o-grams. When Long's start converting we will be in charge of training their employees and converting the stores over to our way of life. It's fun. I think I like it.

Excuse #2:
Along with the new promotion I've also been battling a weird kind of illness. Not quite sure what it is actually seeing as how I avoid doctors like nobody's business. Anyway, I've been coughing continuously every single day for the last two and a half weeks. Coughing so badly it causes me to throw up every single thing I eat. So, I'm basically living on Gatorade and Vitamin Water. Even when I do manage to eat something it makes me physically ill. My stomach hurts so bad it causes me to have problems breathing. (damn now that it's all typed out it seems more serious than I thought) And, no, before you suggest I am NOT PREGNANT. I think I've bought every test in every Target within a 20 mile radius of my house. All negative.

Excuse #3:
The children. When I am home and have enough energy to sit upright, I'm spending my time with them. We just got a new 14.2 mega pixel camera so I've been trying it out on them. Have a lot to upload just haven't found the time yet. We've been having a lot of fun though. Including a trip to San Francisco for the weekend and just yesterday we attempted to go to Ojai to see the snow.

Excuse #4:
The aforementioned San Francisco trip. Yeah that came on rather suddenly. Tim had a four day weekend, and I actually had a weekend off. So, we packed a bag and went to San Francisco for the weekend. It was so much fun. We didn't get to do everything we had planned but we did get to go on a boat tour under The Golden Gate Bridge, and around Alcatraz. We also tried out some awesome vegetarian restaurants and spent a great deal of time walking around Pier 39, stopping long enough to check out the amazing aquarium and to grab some "famous" San Francisco fudge and salt water taffy. The first day we got there the weather was amazing. We spent most of the day walking around downtown and getting our bearings. Second day, not so much. It was freezing with wind like you wouldn't believe. But we still made the most of it. Bundled up the kiddos and walked until we couldn't walk anymore. It was awesome.

Excuse #5:
We spent yesterday trying to figure out a way to get to the snow in Ojai. All the roads were closed off due to ice since it was raining. But it didn't stop us. We drove around for about four hours looking for a small access road up there but couldn't find one. Which in hindsight, was actually a blessing in disguise. Bumpo ended up getting pretty sick with breathing problems which would have been ten times worse by a day in the cold weather. So, we turned around, stopped at Target for some comfy snacks, headed home, threw on our pj's and spent the rest of the day watching blu ray movies on the couch. It was heaven.

1 comments:

Immortal Woman said...

Wow, you have been busy! Excuse one, totally fabulous! Excuse two, you need to get to a doctor, not a good diet strategy, Excuse three four and five, a little jealousy on my part! Sounds grand! Love ya!