Sunday, March 15, 2009

a couple weeks later, not much has changed.

So, here we are a couple weeks after my last post and yet nothing has really happened.

Since last time, Tim and I decided that we shouldn't be the ones to move out of this house. We can pay the bills, our kids are in a good school, and another move right now would be horrible for them. We've also decided that we are not going to give her any extra money. We can only afford what we told her so that's what we're offering. We wrote this all out, in a nice letter, and gave it to her. It seems a little childish to do it that way but with our schedules, and the fact that Debby tries to dominate any conversation we have with her, we felt it was the only way to be heard.

She hasn't talked to us since. We don't know what her plan is. If she plans to ride on our coattails until the end of the lease (which we will not allow), or if she has plans to move out by the end of the month. It's been interesting to say the least. We come and go as we please, not saying much to the woman who has taken up residence in the master bedroom. Oddly, it has been much more calming than having to deal with her at all. The kids are happier, I'm happier, and Tim isn't always that thin line. Not wanting to burden his family with his psycho mother, but not wanting to completely drop her either. She, I'm sure, is stewing. Waiting for the right time to approach us once again for money we don't have. She'll blame her entire situation on us once again and we'll do yet another battle. But for now things are calm. Things are quiet. But I can't help but wonder if this is just the calm before another massive storm. Yet another battle, when I'm still so darn tired from battles past. Yet this one I hope is different. I can't help but to dream of the day when we are free from the burden that is his mother. Free of her condescending ways, free of her pity parties. I long for the day when my children don't cringe when they see her car in the driveway. When Tim is able to spend his days off, in his home, instead of elsewhere trying to avoid an unnecessary battle. Right now, those are my dreams. Unfortunately, it's gonna take a huge blow-up storm to make any of that happen.

And to think, I was told hurricanes don't happen here in California.

1 comments:

Immortal Woman said...

Maybe not a hurricane, but a major shake up sounds due!