Tuesday, March 24, 2009

on the work front:

I get to do something tomorrow that, although it is part of my new job title, still sucks major ass.

I get to fire someone. Someone who I personally share no love for. She is mean, she makes the work environment hostile, and worst of all she's trying to undermine me and my position.

I have been lucky enough to have two different store managers let me know of her behavior. To basically tell me that she is vying for my job. About how she takes her lunch break to rag on my team and how inept she thinks we are. How she can do my job, and everyone else's better and faster and more efficiently. She thinks it's her job to boss my team around. To go out of her way to insult each and every one of them. From the very first day she joined my team she did her best to alienate herself. She works alone. She looks down her nose at the rest of us. And tomorrow it will end.

My team is great. My team gets nothing but compliments when we are at these stores. I have the hardest store manager on my weekly schedule and she loves us. She thinks we're doing a great job. I'm not worried about my job security. I'm not worried that I'll loose my job. That isn't why I have to get rid of her tomorrow. I have to let her go for the benefit of the rest of my team. For the unprofessional behavior she continues to exhibit (she's actually made another team member of mine cry). I don't have time to babysit. I don't have time to fix everything she's trying to wrong. Basically, I don't have time for someone who is doing her best to make my daily job hell. I was told today, by an unbiased store manager to get rid of her. To get her off my team because her kind of attitude breeds evil. Granted, I knew that and thought the same thing, it was just finding a way to go about it that had me stumped.

Not anymore. Tomorrow will be her last day. No matter how much I dislike her, I'm still dreading what the new dawn will bring. It's never easy to let someone go. Add to that the way the economy is right now, and it makes this job ten times harder.

However, I'd rather loose one person than have the rest of my team slowly drop off, one by one, as she eats them alive.

1 comments:

Immortal Woman said...

Just thinking about you! Hope your easter was fantastic!